Publication Manual (OFFICIAL) 7th Edition of the American Psychological Association Seventh Edition by American Psychological Association eBook PDF
A WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, AND PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BESTSELLER – The newest official release of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition includes four different formats — spiral-bound and tabbed, paperback, hardcover, and ebook, all of which are full-color. It is the official source for APA Style.
With millions of copies sold worldwide in multiple languages, the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the style manual of choice for writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, nursing, communications, education, business, engineering, and other fields.
Known for its authoritative, easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, language, and tone that will result in powerful, concise, and elegant scholarly communication. It guides users through the scholarly writing process—from the ethics of authorship to reporting research through publication. The seventh edition is an indispensable resource for students and professionals to achieve excellence in writing and make an impact with their work.
The seventh edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect best practices in scholarly writing and publishing.
- All formats are in full color, with a new tabbed spiral version
- Improved ease of navigation, with many additional numbered sections to help users quickly locate answers to their questions
- Resources for students on writing and formatting annotated bibliographies, response papers, and other paper types as well as guidelines on citing course materials
- Dedicated chapter for new users of APA Style covering paper elements and format, including sample papers for both professional authors and student writers
- New chapter on journal article reporting standards that includes updates to reporting standards for quantitative research and the first-ever qualitative and mixed methods reporting standards in APA Style
- New chapter on bias-free language guidelines for writing about people with respect and inclusivity in areas including age, disability, gender, participation in research, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality
- More than 100 new reference examples covering periodicals, books, audiovisual media, social media, webpages and websites, and legal resources
- More than 40 new sample tables and figures
- Expanded guidance on ethical writing and publishing practices, including how to ensure the appropriate level of citation, avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism, and navigate the publication process
- Guidelines that support accessibility for all users, including simplified reference, in-text citation, and heading formats as well as additional font options
ReviewA WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, AND PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BESTSELLER
Winner of the IBPA’s Benjamin Franklin Award
“Widely followed style guide for academic papers.”—The Wall Street Journal
“Gather round, style hounds: the seventh edition of the American Psychological Association’s Publication Manual…includes some (pretty) significant changes.”—Inside Higher Ed
“One of the most popular guides for academic writing standards across the curriculum. For many editors, faculty, and students, this means mastering new rules in short order… all appearances indicate that the changes will be mostly user-friendly…The worst thing about change is often the unknown. This quick glimpse at what the APA has in store offers encouraging news about the road ahead.”—Faculty Focus
“I strongly encourage you to dig into the rich resource of the 7th Edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. I am thoroughly energized about the ways this guide can push language forward.” —American Library Association’s Rainbow Round Table
“The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) has gone through it’s first update in a decade. One of the major changes in this seventh edition is a full embracing of the singular ‘they’ pronoun…. This full acceptance in the APA style guide is major. And wonderful.” —Medium
“An endorsement from the APA is a big deal for the singular ‘they.’ The APA is the largest scientific and professional organization of psychologists in the United States, with over 118,000 members. The Publication Manual is used by all writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in a wide variety of disciplines, so this clarification has the potential to significantly expand the use of inclusive language.” —Out