Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant – eBook PDF
With other textbooks written at either too high or too low a level, this ebook, Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant (PDF) meets the needs of PTA students for usable, understandable pathology related to clinical application. Extensively illustrated, this ebook allows students to more easily comprehend and maintain interest in otherwise complicated pathological processes. The 14 chapter format effectively fits within a chapter per week course structure, or each chapter may be used as a stand-alone module within any course.
- Sections on physical therapy intervention offer an overview for specific manifestations of pathologies.
- Specific to PTA sections identify contraindications and precautions essential for the PTA to be aware of when treating patients with specific pathologies.
- Why Does the PTA Need to Know This? sections provide a foundation for learning specific pathologies as they relate to the practice of physical therapy.
- Pathophysiology for each body system provides students with a solid grounding in the normal physiology of each body system prior to learning pathology.
- Each chapter also includes a listing of “Chapter Concepts” content objectives and a glossary of new terms highlighted in bold. Reference boxes to the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice enhance its relevance to practice.
- It Happened in the Clinic boxes in each chapter help medical students associate pathological conditions with actual clinical cases. Geriatric Considerations boxes train the student PTA to be tuned in to the concerns of geriatric patients.
NOTE: Only includes the PDF of Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant. No online codes included.