Living Ethics: An Introduction with Readings – eBook pdf
Living Ethics: An Introduction with Readings (PDF) is an ideal all-in-one resource for courses in introduction to ethics and contemporary moral problems. In this hybrid textbook/reader, Russ Shafer-Landau brings moral theory and contemporary moral issues to life with a comprehensive and balanced set of readings, uniquely engaging explanations, and clear analysis of arguments.
The ebook balances coverage of moral reasoning (in Part I) with highly relevant contemporary moral problems (in Part II).
Part 2 also features a rich collection of pedagogical tools to help college students understand and think critically about the various contemporary moral issues discussed:
* Argument Analysis: Reconstructs and critically assesses a battery of arguments on the topics of the chapter
* Stat Shots: Visual presentations of quantitative data provide additional context for the chapter’s subject matter
* Essential Concepts: Key terms that are placed in bold on first mention in the textbook (also available in the glossary)
* Just the Facts: Provides college students with relevant factual material, offering necessary background for the book’s ethical investigations
* Cases for Critical Thinking: Often taken from headlines, these exercises are designed to invite deeper reflection on issues related to the chapter topic
“Living Ethics promises to be in the first rank of hybrid undergraduate ethics textbooks.” — David O’Connor, Seton Hall University
“I find the author Shafer-Landau’s writing to be both engaging and exceptionally clear, and I know I’m not the only one.” — Thomas Bontly, University of Connecticut
“Shafer-Landau’s writing is exceptionally engaging and clear; he effectively invites university students to become well-informed about ethical issues, and to apply ethical reasoning in relation to moral issues.” — Marcia Andrejevich, Ivy Tech Community College
“This ebook offers a comprehensive collection of important historical and contemporary readings in ethics covering every major moral theory — along with a broad range of contemporary moral problems — all of which are accompanied by substantial introductions by one of the best ethicists working today” — Joshua Tepley, Saint Anselm College