Fundamentals of Nursing (8th Edition) – eBook pdf
Help your nursing students develop the blended competencies (technical, interpersonal, cognitive, and ethical/legal) they will need to effectively care for patients in both institutional and community-based practice settings with this updated 8th Edition of the best-selling Fundamentals of Nursing 8th edition in PDF form. Packed with proven pedagogy, clinical examples, striking illustrations, and online learning tools (including animations, video clips, and interactive learning activities), this best-selling etextbook takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals that nursing students need to know to respond to today’s healthcare challenges enthusiastically, competently, and accountably.
Reflecting today’s rapidly evolving healthcare delivery system, the 8th Edition offers new content, new pedagogy, a revised art and photo program, and a wide range of online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your nursing students succeed.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Strategies for Effective Teaching provide tips for teaching the course.
- A Sample Syllabus provides guidance for structuring your nursing fundamentals course.
- Journal Articles, updated for this edition, offer access to research available in WK journals.
- Assignments (and suggested answers) include group, written, clinical, and Web assignments.
- A Master Checklist for Student Competency helps you track your students’ progress toward skill competency.
- Discussion Topics (and suggested answers) can be used as a conversation starter or in online discussion boards.
- Pre-Lecture Quizzes (and answers) are quick, knowledge-based assessments that allow you to check students’ reading.
- Guided Lecture Notes walk you through the chapters, objective by objective, and provide corresponding PowerPoint numbers.
- PowerPoint presentations make it easy for you to integrate the etextbook with your students’ classroom experience, via either handouts or slide shows.
- A robust test generator with more than 1,250 questions helps you put together tests that assess your students’ understanding of the material. Test questions link to learning objectives.
- Case studies (with related questions and suggested answers) give your college students an opportunity to apply their knowledge to a client case similar to what they will encounter in real life practice.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in WK journals.
- Watch & Learn Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and bring concepts to life.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring concepts to life and enhance student comprehension.
- Dosage Calculation Quizzes allow students to practice math skills and calculating drug dosages.
- A Spanish-English Audio Glossary provides terms and phrases for communicating with patients in Spanish.
- Practice & Learn Activities present case scenarios with interactive exercises and questions to help students apply what they have learned.
- NCLEX-Style Review Questions for every chapter (over 900 in all) help nursing students review essential concepts and practice for the NCLEX.
To further enhance your course, you may want to consider purchasing other products within the integrated suite of products designed specifically for the 8th Edition. Created with the nursing students’ experience in mind, and coordinated to provide a cohesive learning experience, each product in the suite can be purchased separately or packaged with the leading textbook. The suite does not include PrepU, Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills, Taylor’s Handbook of Nursing Skills, Study Guide, Skill Checklists, Taylor’s Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills, and, new to this edition, Lippincott CoursePoint, a digital curriculum solution for nursing education that integrates adaptive learning powered by PrepU with access to personalized, perfectly timed remediation built on trusted content.
NOTE: The sale ONLY includes Taylor’s Fundamentals of Nursing 8e PDF eBook. NO online codes, coursepoint, or other things come with the package.