Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing (6th edition) – eBook pdf
With a greater emphasis on, and integration of, health literacy, interprofessional collaboration, and clinical reasoning, Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 6th Edition (PDF) provides you with the solid educational foundation to learn nursing concepts, principles, and skills with ease. The etextbook’s proven, reader-friendly approach describes the concepts, principles, and skills essential to your success. The latest 2018 6th edition includes new chapters focused on the health needs of Indigenous people along with information on how to collaborate among interprofessional disciplines. Thoroughly reviewed by Canadian nursing experts, this sixth edition ensures that you are well prepared to practise nursing in Canada.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- Procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- New photos capture the latest updates in skills and equipment relevant to Canadian nursing practice.
- Focus on Older Persons boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this population.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for more efficient review and study.
- Evidence-Informed Practice chapter includes the concept of research literacy and discusses quality improvement (QI)
- NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and NANDA diagnoses are incorporated into care plans to reflect national standards.
- The Five-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care, and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- Implementation sections cover health promotion, acute care, and continuing care to prepare you for all levels of care in all settings.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill offers alerts to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- More than fifty skills demonstrations provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care — and include rationales for each step.
- Case studies include unique clinical application exercises and questions, allowing nursing students to practise using care plans and concept maps.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations related to the chapter topic and provide practical guidelines for how to meet patients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach, and, finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Planning sections help nurses plan and prioritize care by emphasizing Setting Priorities, Goals and Outcomes, and Teamwork and Collaboration.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show students how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
Note: Only a converted PDF of the book Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 6e, is included. Unfortunately, the publishers didn’t release an original PDF, hence the page numbers here won’t match the physical book. NO online codes are included